A pets cemetery in the grounds of Dunster Castle. Twenty four stone graves with headstones mark the burial sites of the pets of the Luttrell family in the early part of the 20th century.
Identification Images (0)
- ANIMAL CEMETERY (20th C - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
From Pastscape 1156330
A pets cemetery lies in the grounds of Dunster Castle at SS 991-0 4349. Twenty four stone graves with headstones mark the burial sites of the pets of the Luttrell family in the early part of the 20th century (1). Riley H 1998 RCHME Field Investigation
- SNA65029 - Unpublished document: Martin Papworth. 2011. Dunster Castle Somerset Heritage Impact Assessment & WSI Path to Summer House.
- SZN48234 - Unpublished document: Kate Felus and John Phibbs. Survey of the Historic Landscape, Dunster Castle, Somerset.
Other Statuses and References
- HER/SMR Reference (External): MSO10038
- HER/SMR Reference (External): MSO9484
- National Park
- Pastscape Reference: 1156330
- ENA3168 - Field Survey, Historic Landscape Survey Dunster June 2004