A bridge over the River Aller connects field O.S.no. 8376 and 7560.
Identification Images (0)
- ROAD BRIDGE (Early 19th C to Early 20th C - 1801 AD to 1932 AD)
A bridge over the River Aller connects field O.S.no. 8376 and 7560. The parish boundary between Selworthy and Luccombe is along the centre of the stream at this point, though it diverges for 50m into the southern field about 25m west of the bridge. The bridge has a single two-centred arch with a keystone. The surface is flat but there are a row of stones on the upriver side (east). The width of the track across is about 2.5m. No bridge is indicated on the 1876 Holnicote Estate map and the 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map, but these maps do not necessarily indicate them. It is shown on the 1889 O.S. first edition 1:2500 map and is probably mid 19c in date.
- SZN48220 - Unpublished document: Isabel Richardson. 2001. Archaeological Survey of the Holnicote Estate, Somerset.
Other Statuses and References
- ENA3149 - Field Survey, Archaeological Survey of the Holnicote Estate 2001