A modern bungalow (1963) and 19th century buildings.
Identification Images (0)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Early 20th C - 1540 AD to 1901 AD)
The "farm", as owned by the National trust, consists of a modern bungalow and a 19th century farmbuilding.
The bungalow dates from about 1963 and is built of concrete slabs with a concrete tile roof; it has already had significant alterations both within and without, including the addition of a porch.
The farm building has brick walls and a slate roof. It dates from the late 19th century and comprises a barn adjoining a stable and hayloft, quite a good building of its kind.
The property was left to the NT by Fanny Jolly in 1937. Fanny Jolly was widow of Robert Jolly, a Scottish doctor, and the grand-daughter of James Baldwin of Birmingham, paper manufacturer, and mayor of Birmingham in 1853-54.
Other Statuses and References